CCM2 – Groupe A – Roy Jacques Architectes
This project consisted of preserving a heritage building from 1865 and adding an extension to it. The exterior masonry wall of the old courthouse has been preserved. An apparent structure in glulam made of a hybrid roof (wood / steel) encloses the building. The sober contemporary architecture of the extension highlights the heritage aspect of the old courthouse in an exceptional way.
Photo credit: Stéphane Groleau